Sarah Palin is urging Florida voters to vote for Newt Gingrich on Tuesday in their state’s Republican primary.
“Vote for Newt,” Palin told Jeanine Pirro, host of the Fox News weekend program “Justice with Jeanine.”
Palin made a passionate plea for Republican voters to reject Mitt Romney in Florida to keep the primary process going forward.
The former Alaska governor made it crystal clear that she favors former House Speaker Gingrich, suggesting that the Republican establishment in New York and Washington is trying to anoint former Massachusetts Gov. Romney the GOP nominee.
“And I say, you know, you’ve got to rage against the machine at this point in order to defend our republic and save what is good and secure and prosperous about our nation,” Palin said. “We need somebody who is engaged in sudden and relentless reform and is not afraid to shake up the establishment. So, if for no other reason, rage against the machine, vote for Newt, annoy a liberal, vote Newt, keep this vetting process going, keep the debate going.”
Here are key points Palin made on Fox:
- “Ronald Reagan wasn’t afraid to take on sitting members of his own party who were in office. He challenged a sitting Republican. He knew politics of personal destruction hurt the cause of conservatism. What we see today what happened there in Florida this past week — it’s gone beyond the pale, gone beyond aggressive and fair campaigning against an opponent.”
- Rick Santorum pointed out that Romney “drew first blood, and at first, Newt Gingrich didn’t respond — he wanted to take the high road . . . [Newt] announced his intention to take the high road, but when you’re continually hit and bombarded with negative rewritten history about yourself and your record, you have to hit back. And that’s what you saw Newt Gingrich engage in . . .”
- “I’ve been the proponent of continuing this vetting process and aggressive debate. It should be fair though the healthy debate that our country the electorate will benefit from . . . We see these pundits and politicos and elites and the far away Washington, D.C., beltway telling the electorate that by Florida it’s going to be all wrapped up and we’ll have our nominee.”
- “Well, look at the players in the establishment who are fighting so hard against [Newt]. They want to crucify him because he’s tapped into that average everyday American tea party, grass-roots movement that has said enough is enough of the establishment that tries to run the show and tweak rules and laws and regulations for their own good and not for our nation’s own good.”
- “Both party machines and many in the media are trying to crucify Newt Gingrich for bucking the tide and bucking the establishment. That tells you something. I say you have got to rage against the machine at this point in order to defend our republic . . . Vote for Newt, annoy a liberal. Vote Newt. Keep this vetting process going.”
- “Which candidate is most passionate about the sudden and relentless reform that’s needed? Which candidate understands that government is not the answer? Not on a state level — same when it comes to mandating what level of healthcare you must purchase? . . . I’ve appreciated again Newt Gingrich. His style in debates, his thinking, his way of explaining what he stands for, so I think that in a debate Newt Gingrich would clobber Barack Obama. That’s one step closer to the voters being able to have a tool to make up their minds whether it should be Obama or the GOP nominee.”
|Executive Office of the Governor | 400 S Monroe St | Tallahassee, FL 32399|
|Manage Your Subscription | Forward To a Friend|
Rev. Widmon and Sarah Palin say it best about Newt Gingrich and vicious attacks by the republican establishment.
SOPA is an English acronym for the new House Bill 3261: Stop Online Piracy Act. The acronym, which means “soup” in Spanish, has unwittingly been created by Congressional Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX21). Congressman Smith, a real Texan in Spanish territory, it is presumed, should have thought of this before he created the bill. Well, this act is plain “soup” – and nuts, too.
The republicans never cease to surprise the world. For three instances, why create a bill to regulate commerce when republicans claim to promote limited government? – Aye,! says the Captain. Why impose more regulation and law enforcement on the U.S. Department of Justice when republicans claim it can not enforce security on the American border? – Aye,! says the Captain. Why even think that the Federal government could even do a better job of protecting intellectual rights than the private sector could? – Double Aye,! says the Captain.
SOPA and its sister Senate act, PIPA (Protect IP Act), have the high-sounding title, “To promote prosperity, creativity, entrepreneurship, and innovation by combating the theft of U.S. property, and for other purposes.” In other words, the title should read, “To regulate commerce by allowing special interests to benefit over others, and for other purposes.”
As afraid as one is able to admit, the republicans have written a dangerous bill for commerce that simply can be self-regulated by free market commerce. Consequently, the American taxpayer saves his taxes, the Federal government saves its face, and free commerce does and makes the necessary corrections. Let one not oversimply state that some capitalists love to use the government to compete. That isn’t right, and its called crony capitalism. Then, let all capitalists work in the free market, which would be better in terms of pricing and available logistics for all.
Americans, listen to wisdom. Was it not Sun Tzu in the “The Art of War” who principled a very important point in warfare: Never fight a superior force? Do Americans really believe that Mitt Romney can defeat Barack Obama, the superior force? Absolutely not BECAUSE Romney is no where close to being as tough, politically, arguably, intellectually, and wisely, as Newt Gingrich. In the presidential primary campaign Newt has shown that he is perceived like the USS George Washington (CVN-73) aircraft supercarrier to Mitt Romney like the USS Panay river gunboat on the Yangtze patrol. There is no comparison in terms of conservatism either: Newt is the conservative republican which makes the republican establishment nervous and guilty, because it has failed. It’s time for the American people to set America straight on the right course with Newt Gingrich.
James Pat Guerrero
|If you are on a mobile device or cannot view the images in this message view this email in your red-state to your address book or safe sender’s list.|
|Below please find a special message from one of our advertisers, Newt Gingrich. From time to time we find special opportunities we believe you as a valued customer may want to see. Please note that the following message reflects the opinions and representations of our advertiser alone, and not necessarily the opinion or editorial positions of RedState.com or Eagle Publishing.|
|Dear Conservative,By a double-digit margin, we won a dramatic victory in the all-important South Carolina Primary.
We did what the establishment said could not be done and we put our campaign on a path to winning the Republican nomination. We won because people are sick of and tired of the national establishment telling them what they are allowed to think and believe, and you saw that Saturday night.
I believe that we will defeat Barack Obama in the general election, and put America back on track toward strength and prosperity. But we need your help to get there. Will you join us?
Today, our campaign turns to the crucial primary state of Florida. The race is between a clear establishment moderate in Mitt Romney and a clear Reagan conservative with a record going all the way back to the 1970s. It’s a stark contrast. Make no mistake, this is a battle between the conservative grassroots and the moderate establishment for the heart and soul of the Republican Party.
Conservatives are ready for somebody who will go to Washington and speak for them, not somebody who speaks on behalf of the establishment. The establishment is right to be worried about a Gingrich nomination because a Gingrich nomination means that we’re going to change things, we’re going to make them very uncomfortable and we’re going to demand real change in Washington.
Going forward, there is only one important question for conservatives to ask themselves: Who is the best candidate to defeat Barack Obama? I believe that a second term for Barack Obama will be a disaster for this country and I am committed to beating him. I think I’ve proven I could take him on in a series of debates and undo his billion-dollar campaign. It’s very important that we have a candidate who’s strong enough, and tough enough to be able to take on President Obama in a series of debates.
There is no longer any doubt that we can win the GOP nomination. The other candidates are good men whom I deeply respect, but it is time for conservatives to come together and unite behind one authentic, Reagan conservative who can win.
As I write this, Barack Obama and the Democrats are raising thousands of dollars per hour, waiting for a Republican nominee to emerge. He’s a radical, secular socialist who wants to reinvent America in the image of the faded, decrepit Republics of Western Europe.
If I become the nominee, I will hold President Obama accountable. I will defeat him in the debates and show the American people that there is a better, more conservative direction.
This is not just a Presidential campaign. It’s a battle for the future of this country. That’s why I will immediately challenge President Obama to a series of three hour Lincoln-Douglas style debates, and make him defend the passage of ObamaCare, 15 trillion dollars in debt, and out of control unemployment. I’ll even let him use his teleprompter!
Florida is only one week away, and the Romney campaign is already going back to their old ways of negative attack ads to try and tear us down. We can’t let that happen again. We must raise the necessary resources in the next 48 hours to fund our television campaign for Florida so that I can tell the truth to the American people.
To paraphrase President Reagan, “A recession is when your neighbor loses his job, a depression is when you lose your job, and a recovery will be when Obama loses his job.”
Your contribution and support will put us over the top in Florida and our nation one step closer putting a conservative in the White House.